While the sun’s golden rays continue to caress – or rather pummel – our great state, keeping the rain clouds at bay, many Californians face a record-breaking drought with strict mandates to decrease water consumption. So while your lawns might be brown, here are some water conservation tips to help keep the green in your wallet.
- Reuse water – when rinsing fruits/vegetables or even waiting for your shower water to heat up – save the excess water to use on your garden or to “bucket flush” the toilet.
- Fix those leaky pipes! Those drips can add up!
- Cook smart – steam vegetables instead of boiling them and use the microwave to defrost food instead of running hot water.
And for some unique ideas:
- Consider spray-painting your lawn green – it’s the hottest new trend in lawn care.
- Install a hybrid sink-toilet in your home – the used sink water will then flush the contents of the toilet.
- Utilize drought resistant landscaping.
- Contemplate installing a low-flow faucet, which can decrease water waste by 70%.
Be sure to also come in to visit us at Bakersfield Mitsubishi to see our environmentally friendly fleet, today.