Summer is known for being a time of relaxation, vacations, and peaceful evenings watching the sunset— unless you’re a parent. With the kids out of school, many parents find themselves busier than ever when summer rolls around. If you happen to be one of these busy parents, here are a few tips on how to prepare your car for a busy summer with some must-have items.
- Baby powder. If you’ll be heading to any sandy shores this summer, keep a bottle of this in the car. Sprinkle it on sand-covered skin and clean up will be much easier and faster. You will also wind up with less sand in your car.
- Summer rays can feel great, but don’t forget to protect your skin. Keep a bottle handy and slather it on you and the kids before you soak up some sun.
- First aid kit. With frequent trips to the park, you’ll get lots of scraped knees. Have a well-stocked first-aid kit on-hand to help mend those boo-boos.
- You never know when your kids are going to get soaking wet in the summer. Perhaps you got caught in the rain or they just ran through the splash pad at the local park.
- A small stash of cash is great for when you’re out and about. You just never know when you might run into a small ice cream stand or parking garage that doesn’t take credit cards.
What summer necessities do you keep stashed away in your car? If you need a new ride to get to them, be sure to come see us here at Bakersfield Mitsubishi.